September 15, 2009

Johnny!

dirty_dancing_screen_capture
Although his death was definitely expected, I have to admit I find it so sad to hear about the passing of Patrick Swayze.  Besides the fact that he seemed like such a sincere, down-to-earth human being (at least from what you can tell of someone through articles & interviews), the way he faced his illness despite what he knew was inevitably a death sentence, is truly admirable.

“Dirty Dancing” will forever be one of my favorite movies…at this point I must have seen it at least 50 times.   I don’t know what it was, but the whole story – handsome yet rugged dance instructor,  summers away in the Catskills, shy wallflower blossoms into an awesome dancer, young lust – just always stuck with me over the years.  I know, totally cheesy, but it’s true!

One memory I always recall is from what must have been the summer of 1988, I was 12 years old.  My best friend Lori & I had watched that movie over and over again.  We both had the soundtrack on cassette, and would listen to it on our walkmans (I believe mine was the bright yellow sports version) as we rode our bikes all over the neighborhood, round and round for hours.  We knew all the songs by heart and would sing them at the top of our lungs.   Boy does that seem like it was a lifetime ago….aahhh, good times!

don't forget it was water-proof too, for all that under water audio listening that might occur

Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin