September 4, 2009

It’s Done – The Day After

I wasn’t sure I would even be able to write a post today, but I feel the need to sort of end this chapter (at least in the blogosphere) with some final thoughts. 
Last night was unbelievably hard.  It sucked….it still sucks!  I am incredibly sad and handling it the best I can (which is really not that well).  I was alright up until we left for the vet and then of course once we were in the room I fell apart.  Holding her, comforting her, watching her drift away…..I will have memories of these final moments for the rest of my life.  It was not easy seeing her so helpless (don’t think I’ve ever sobbed so hard in front of someone I wasn’t close to), but I am SO thankful that I could be there for my little Skye.  I can hold on tightly to the belief that she was peacefully at ease in my arms and knew just how much I love her.
So, now time moves on and it will get easier.  Maybe some people out there won’t get how I could be this upset.  But they will never know the unconditional love, companionship, and joy that my Skye brought me for over 11 years.
I hope she’s up there in kitty heaven now – jumping around, playing, chasing butterflies, and so very happy to be healthy & free of pain again!
DSCN0522.JPG.w560h420

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin