February 10, 2010

Easy Honey-Mustard Chicken Wings

I’m not much of a cook, by any means, so the fact that I’m writing a post wherein I dispense a recipe is pretty funny.  But, really I had nothing to do with this anyway since it was all my hubby who cooked up this tasty dish for us last Sunday.  I just bought all the ingredients – that counts for something, right?   Anyway, these wings were truly yummy and so I thought ‘why not share it with all my bloggy peeps & tweeps’!  And the best part?  It involves a slow cooker!

You’ll need:
  • about 3lbs of chicken wings/drum sticks (fresh or frozen)
  • 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (you can add more, depending how ‘saucy’ you like them)
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 3 to 4 thin lemon slices
1. Rinse chicken parts, pat dry and sprinkle with salt & pepper.

2. Place pieces in pan and on boiler rack – broil for about 10 minutes, 4 to 5 inches from heat, turning halfway through.  Place in slow cooker when done.

3. Mix honey, BBQ sauce, mustard & garlic in small bowl (mix well)  and pour over chicken parts.  Top with lemon slices.

4.  Cover & cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours. Remove lemon slices and serve with sauce.

You can really make this recipe to your taste, depending on how you like your wings.  For example, the hubby used a spicy tabasco mustard, plus added extra garlic & some hot sauce to kick things up a notch.

We both loved how the wings turned out, and really, the whole thing was a pretty simple process!

Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

6 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

Going to try this for dinner tomorrow! I'll let you know how they turned out. I don't like spicy very much so no extras for me.

Sarah at The Stroller Ballet said...

I found you through a comment you left on the mommyologist. Those wings sound absolutely delicious! I'm actually salivating!

Mandee said...

Sounds really yummy! :)

CanadianMama said...

mmm, those sound awesome! I love slow cooker meals especially when it's cold and snowy outside!

The Mommyologist said...

These sound great! Wonder if my kid will eat 'em!

Saw your tweets...is your wrist ok??

EllaBellaMozzarella said...

I know everyone's taste is different, so I hope that anyone who makes them likes them!!Let me know:)

@The Mommyologist - wrist is fine, thanks for asking! Went to the hospital this AM, no stitches since it had been over 8 hours, just cleaned & put steri-tape w/bandages on it....worst part was the Tetanus shot in my arm, lol!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin