February 23, 2010

Conversations With The Vertically Challenged (aka Toddlers)

At almost 4 years old, the peanut has been saying some pretty funny & random stuff lately, especially when she’s trying to rationalize with us.  I try my damn hardest to remember it all….but unfortunately I have the mental capacity of a gnat when it comes to memory.  Seriously, I can’t remember shit.  The hubby often gets annoyed at me when he recalls a conversation we had and I have NO idea what he’s talking about.  What can I say?  It’s another lovely trait I inherited from my mom’s side of the family (along with some excessive sweating and frequent klutziness).

Anyhow, the peanut and I were in the car the other day, just listening to music as we were headed home from the gym.  Lately she’s been trying to sing along to songs – her current favorite being Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance”….she loves belting out the ‘gaga ooh la la’ part.  So, a song that I really like came on, and  this time I tried singing along, but only knew the main chorus.  Here is what followed:

peanut: “Why did you stop singing, mama?”

me: “Because I only know that one part of the song.”

peanut: “Mama!  All you have to do is listen for a tiny bit, and then you know the words!”

And then she proceeded to sing the next line of the song correctly,  as if to say “see? piece of cake!”.

Sheesh!

Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin