February 12, 2010

How Mama Ruined The Night

So, two days ago we had yet another crazy day of  unprecedented snowfall – I mean seriously, two Nor’easter’s  within a week?  At this point I am SO over it!   Wednesday’s blizzard was an all day event, a complete white-out, that added  two more feet of snow on top of all that was still left from last week.  Needless to say, we hunkered down, yet again.  And when the power went out at about 5:30pm, I was highly annoyed at first, but then decided to roll with it by pouring a glass of wine and giggling with the peanut about how we were all going to snuggle in bed together later on.

Unfortunately, I singlehandedly brought our jovial mood to a screeching halt by accidentally slicing the inside of my wrist with the lid of a soup can.  I know, FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC, right??  Now, I completely blame it on the power outage, since it was the reason we were making soup (on our gas stove) in the first place.  And it was the reason I was having a hard time seeing if I had poured out all the contents of the can….which somehow (still not sure how, it happened so fast) caused me to carve a 3/4 inch deep & 1 inch wide laceration into my wrist.  I freaked out a bit after seeing all the blood, but we were able to get it under control relatively quickly by putting some serious pressure  on it. Anyway, heading to the hospital was not an option, since most roads were literally closed and our cars were stuck behind  an actual wall of snow.  Even calling an ambulance would have just put everyone at unnecessary risk, it was that bad out there.  Besides, it wasn’t bleeding at all.  Long story short, we made it to the emergency room the next day, where I was informed it was too late for stitches (even thought I technically needed them) since at this point the wound was too contaminated to sew shut for fear of infection.  Wonderful!  Now I’m left with a steri-taped, gauzed & wrapped wrist that I’m hoping will heal in a way that does not leave me with too bad of a scar.  Oh, and did I mention the cut is right where my hand meets my arm (yes, it looks like I tried to commit suicide)….and did you know that this particular spot is very difficult not to bend during daily activities, which is only slowing down the whole healing thing.  Oh, and that tetanus shot was a boatload of fun too!  Oh, and I’m not going to be able to do my normal workouts for a while, which doesn’t help the out of control food consumption that’s been happening around here lately during all these snowed-in days!

Yes, I know I’m complaining and whining, yet again.  Deal with it (and I mean that in the nicest way possible)!

Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

9 comments:

Mandee said...

Oh my gosh! It sounds like you had one heck of a day! I hope your wrist heals nicely and fast! If you would like stop by and read about my crappy day I had today, and by Crappy I do mean CRAP. lol
Hope your weekend turns out to be a whole lot better!

Sarah at The Stroller Ballet said...

That sounds like something I would do...I'm glad things are looking not so bad, though!!

Anonymous said...

whining is my favorite hobby.

i hope you're doing okay--that wrist thing, ugh! i once sliced my finger on a can lid. it was not pleasant!

found you over at stroller ballet--new follower! come on over and check me out--er--you know what i mean...

Cole said...

Stopping by from the Lady Bloggers Tea Party. Hope your wrist heals up nicely. I sliced my finger open with a can lid right after Christmas and I remember how much it hurt.

Mandee said...

I hope your wrist is feeling better and that you have a Happy Valentine's Day! :)

Nicole @ Chic and Cheap Nursery said...

Can I say "Holy Crap!" on your blog???
WOW!!! So sorry about your cut! I hope it heals quickly =)

And you're allowed to whine, it's your blog!

www.thewannabewahm.com

elzimmy said...

Stopping by from the LBS tea party. I did something similar on a tin can, only I gashed my knuckle instead of my wrist. It hurt for months, I think because I got down to the knuckle bone - those things are lethal! Hope it heals up soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope you get better fast. It sounds so hurtful. ((hugs))

EllaBellaMozzarella said...

Thanks Ladies for all the well wishes! Slowly but surely it's finally starting to heal!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin