January 7, 2010

Is It Summer Yet??

Ugh, I am so not a winter person.  It has been unbelievably FREEZING COLD here in the Northeast over the last few weeks, and I’ve come to realize that I’m just not a fan!  Between the layers up on layers of clothing constantly going on & off, my ridiculously staticy fine hair, and the continuous cycle of hopping from warm to cold to warm, I’m starting to count the days until spring/summer is upon us.  And don’t even get me started on how dry my skin has become, particularly my hands.  And the usual advice of not washing your hands too much & not taking hot showers…..yeah, that’s pretty much impossible to follow.  Especially as a stay-at-home mom, my freekin hands are in water ALL day long.  And please, who the hell can take a lukewarm shower in the morning when it’s about 20 degrees outside?!  I’ve set up the humidifier, bought various moisturizers, and even worn special moisturizing gloves over hands slathered in Aquaphor  ointment while I slept…..all to no avail.   I’m actually thinking about making an appointment with a dermatologist at this point, because as of late my fingers/nails/cuticles seem to be rough & dry & cracked all year long, just worse in these winter months.  Below freezing temps…wind-chill and 50mph winds….icy roads…..yeah, I am SO over it!!
PS – Of course it figures that my first official step back into the swing of things is a post where all I do is complain & whine….did you expect anything less?

IMG_2049a

Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin