August 25, 2009

Chocolate Makes The World Go Round

Here's my thought for the day:  anyone who tells you that parenting is easy as pie, nothin' to it, is lying out their you-know-what.  As most REAL parents know, life with a toddler can be challenging, to say the least.  Sometimes when you're in the thick of it - you know, let the screaming and whining commence - it's just so hard to figure out the right course of action to take.....do I let this pass or do I make a big deal out of it (and possibly over-react just a tad)?  It's amazing sometimes how quickly a fun, lovely moment can take a turn...1,2,3 and all of a sudden our afternoon at the pool is over and we're headed home, because mommy decided to make a freakin' big deal out of it!  So that was basically my afternoon...I'm thinking there might be a few mama's out there who can relate ;)

On a separate yet totally related note,  I need to point out at this time that I have a HUGE chocolate addiction and wholeheartedly believe from the depths of my soul that a deliciously delightful piece of heavenly chocolate can always make things better (which it did this afternoon)!  But not just any old chocolate confection, oh no......I'm talking European: German/Swiss/Austrian delights.  And since I'm more than happy to share my yummy knowledge , I'll go ahead list some of my favorites for all you chocolate freaks who only know the likes of Hershey's or Snickers (oh, the horror!)  Go ahead.....trust me.....you'll love it!


1. Milka Chocolate - Easily the one nearest & dearest to my heart, I grew up (in Germany) on this delectable and not too sweet Austrian slice of heaven.  It comes in a variety of flavors, although I can usually only find it in a select few.  Not many stores carry it, yet I was simply giddy with joy to find it at both Target and Wegman's.

2. Ritter Sport - This German chocolate is just as delightful and stocked in a wider variety of stores than Milka, including again both Target and Wegman's.  Various flavors are available.



3.Guylian - These Belgian lovelies are known for their sea shell shape and I absolutely adore the wonderful roasted hazelnut praline taste.  You can find them all over now, I've even seen them at Costco.


Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

In my eyes having a toddler and chocolate go hand in hand. If I didn't have my chocolate I don't think I could make it through the day of trantrums from my 3 yr old : )

Blog Widget by LinkWithin