April 7, 2010

And I’m Back, Again!

So, yeah…..I’ve been a little, ahem, absent as of late.  Even though I swore several months ago I would never lapse in my posting again, ever!  Alas, life has a funny way of taking charge and scrambling things up, just for the fun of it. 

The last time I wrote on this here bloggity-blog, I detailed our new, all-consuming, search for a rescue dog and the ensuing frustration encountered as a result of that search.  After that day, as I continued to obsessively scour the internet for doggies, things just got a little busy here at EllaBellaMozzarella headquarters, for one reason or another.  And then, BAM, on March 24 we found a pup online through a rescue out of New Hampshire.  His name was Cricket and boy was he a cutie!  The next few days were spent filling out applications, trading lots of emails, talking with the foster mom and keeping our fingers crossed that everything would work out (since there was already 1 application ahead of us).  And then,  in an ironic twist, the people ahead of us came through with their deposit to adopt Cricket….but the expected deposit on his brother Jingles  (who we had already deemed just as cute) fell through.  In the end, we decided on Jingles and committed to adopting him by that weekend…..and this little twist of fate couldn’t have worked out better had it been written in stone!  Because not only did this little pup capture our hearts the minute he entered our lives a week later,  but we couldn’t have asked for a more perfectly fitting dog to what we had been looking for!

So, needless to say, after now being proud owners of an 11 week old puppy for exactly 5 days, our life as we knew it has been turned upside down and inside out.  And yes, it’s been just like having a newborn again – our days now revolve around trying to figure out schedules, pooping, feeding, napping, and playing.   It’s been challenging, to say the least!  The hubby and I are completely mentally & physically exhausted.  However, we really couldn’t be happier with our newest family member….or Sam,  as we now know him.  Especially the peanut, who has decided she absolutely needs to be involved in EVERY LITTLE DETAIL surrounding Sam, and is attached to him from the time she wakes up to the time she goes to bed.  I don’t think we have ever seen her this excited about something.  And you know what?  That right there is pretty awesome!  We made a good choice.  We rescued a dog.  We did a good thing.

And without further ado, introducing Sam The Man:


Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

8 comments:

Niki said...

Very cute! Congratulations on the new furry member of your family.

CaneWife said...

Oh my goodness! What a cutie-patootie!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Sam the man is cute and we are glad you are back!

Krajcimama said...

Awww...adorable! It almost - almost makes me want to get a puppy...but I really don't need another thing to take care of - maybe when the kids are a little bit bigger! Very cool that you rescued a dog, too! Can't wait to hear more of you puppy stories!

Yellow House Knits said...

Oh, I love him! He's absolutely adorable! Congratulations--I'm glad you found each other and glad it's working out. And, as someone who works with my local shelter, I'm so happy to adopted a rescue dog. I know it will be wonderful. Have FUN!

EllaBellaMozzarella said...

Thanks ladies - I must agree, our little Sammy is one adorable little pup! And it feels good to be back :)

CanadianMama said...

Oh that Sam is SO cute!! Glad you are loving him. Every kid should have a dog!

LostMommyManual said...

Aww! Sam is adorable! Your daughter looks so happy to have a furry friend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin